Tuesday, June 7, 2011

*Learning Theories* - T2P Week 1

Reflections on the Day

The assessment quiz we took towards the beginning of class was something I thought was particularly interesting. I always thought that because my concentration is in mathematics that I MUST be a "visual" learner, however the quiz labeled me as a "social" learner instead, (logical coming in a close second place). At first I thought that maybe the quiz was flawed, but now, at the end of our first class, I'd have to agree with my results.

It seems as though this class was a social experiment in a way. Everything said and done was with purpose, and we were constantly completing one task to then immediately moving onto another. Looking back I see how much we really accomplished but at the time the tasks all flowed together naturally, and thus didn't intimidate me. Also, because all our tasks were done socially, for the most part, I think it is safe to say that I may be a social learner after all. So, besides the new ideas, theories, and methods we learned about in today's class, I also learned something new about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment