Wednesday, July 6, 2011

*** Google Reader= AWESOME***

Google Reader = Awesome : This sums up how useful google reader was for me. This is a great tool to use whether you are blogging for fun, or if you are using blogs for educational purposes. I hope to be able to get my future students to create their own blog, and if I do get this opportunity I will most definitely introduce google reader. This was the easiest way to view all my fellow peers' posts without going absolutely insane trying to find them. Instead of having to search for their blogs, I had them all on their own tab. Also, I love the fact that we can change the names of the tabs pertaining to the different blogs. This made it easier for me to know who's blog is who, since many of us didn't use our actual names for their blog. 


As for the blogs of my peers, it is apparent that we all were similar in many of our blog responses. Yes, we were given the same questions, but this is also probably because of the education that TCPCG is instilling in us. It wasn't surprising that we would all try and incorporate these methods from our classes into our blog posts. One idea that I found interesting was Megan's early use of integrating videos and such into her future classroom. Being at the end of our first semester, I know that we all want to incorporate visual aids such as videos into our lessons. I just thought that it was very advance of her to mention this in her first blog post for the class. She wrote:  A video such as this is something I could prepare ahead of time, with preparation, and showcase information in a new and exciting way. If I were doing a unit on To Kill A Mockingbird, I could construct a video like this to highlight characters, specific plot points, or provide examples of reading strategies for deeper understanding of the material.    -Go Megan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment